Memorandum of Understanding
Between the United States Postal Service
and the American Postal Workers Union, AFL-CIO
Re: Staffing of New Customer Care Center Wichita, Kansas
The parties agree to the following procedures for the bargaining unit staffing at the new Customer Care Center (CCC), to be located in Wichita, Kansas, at the former Remote Encoding Center (REC) site.
1. The Postal Service agrees to establish no fewer than 251 Clerk Craft bargaining unit duty assignmentsat the Wichita CCC. The Wichita CCC will become part of the Wichita bid cluster. These duty assignments will consist of:
a. Customer Care Agents, Tier 1 (P7-06), Occupation Code: 2320-0010
b. Customer Care Agents, Tier 2 (P7-07), Occupational Code: 2320-0011
c. Customer Care Agents, Lead (P7-)8), Occupational Code: 2320-0012
2. The parties agree that except as provided below, the provisions of the MOU Re: Clerk Craft Jobs, Section 1, Corporate Call Center, will apply to the Wichita CCC.
3. In order to facilitate the closing of the REC site; minimize the impact to bargaining unit employees; and facilitate the initial staffing of the Wichita CCC, ,all Clerk Craft REC duty assignments at teh Wichita REC site will be abolished effective May 31, 2014, pursuant to Article 37, and the employees occupying those duty assignements will become unencumbered regular employees (UER) and remain on the same tour and schedule they are currently working.
4. No fewer than 251 bargaining unit duty assignments at the Wichita CCC, as described in #1 above, will be posted to the Wichita bid cluster with the May 28, 2014 bid cycle. In accordance with Article 8.2.C, as far as practicable the jobs shall be posted with consecutive days off.
5. After the initial bid cycle, any remaining UER Clerk Craft employees will be assigned to residual duty assigments in accordance with Article 37.4.
6. Soley fo rthe purpose of filling the initial 251 Wichita CCC duty assignments, and to minimize any negative impact on operations, the provision of Article 37 requiring the training of these senior bidders within a specific time frame is waived. The Postal Service will begin training the first 100 senior bidders no later than July 14, and the remaining senior bidders no later than September 1. An additional make-up trainng session, if needed, will be scheduled for September 22.
7. Training will be provided on a seniority basis, unless doing so would cause insuffcient coverage for non-scheduled days. In that situation, the most senior bidders with the required schedules will be trained first. The parties will meet at the local level to determine who will be trained in the event of insuffiecient coverage for non-scheduled days. If the local parties are unable to agree, the parties at the national level will discuss via the Alternate Dispute Resolution Process (ADRP). Senior bidders will report to their new duty assignments and schedules upon completion of their initial 3-week training period. Senior bidders will remain in their current assignment and shedule until they report for training.
8. In order to minimize any negative operational impact to other sections of the Wichita bid cluster during the initia posting and filling of the Wichita CCC duty assignments, the parties agree to allow the use of PSEs on a one-for-one replacement basis to cover teh vacated duty assignments in Function 1 (REC site abolished positions included) and/ or Function 4, until such duty assignments are filled. Vacated duty assignments will be posted and filled in accordance with the timelines established in Article 37.3. The Postal Service may exceed the District PSE Cap under these circumstances only for the limited number of one-for-one replacements.
9. In order to minimize any service disruption, after the one-for-one PSE replacement process has been completed the parties agree to allow additional PSEs at the Wichita REC during the transition to the Salt Lake City REC, until such time as the Wichita REC site anticipated August 28 closing, but no later than Novemeber 14.
The Parties further agree to discuss at the national level any unforeseen circumstances that may arrive during this transition process involving the Wichita REC and CCC.
This agreement shall be without precedent and connot be cited by either party in any forum for purposes other than enforcing or interpreting the provisions contained herein.
Patrick M. Devine Lamont Brooks for Clint Burelson
Manager, Contract Administration Director, Clerk Division
United States Postal Service American Postal Workers Union
As Additional Information Becomes Available, It Will Be Posted Within Our Members Only Section.
Sign up to receive these updates as they become available.